The American Legion Cottreall-Warner Post 942 was originally formed in 1921. On May 20th of that year the Post applied for its Charter. During the early years meetings were held in various private homes and buildings in the Village of Webster. In August 1943 the Post purchased its first home at 26 E. Main Street, (then known as the Trolley Station which was owned by the Rochester Transit Authority) in the Village of Webster. In April 1967 the Post Building Committee recommended the Post purchase larger facility due to our increased membership.
Our present Post Home located at 818 Ridge Road, Webster, New York was purchased in August 1967. As time went on we added the Hall to the existing Post building. The new addition was dedication on June 21, 1975 with full honors and ceremony. Since our early beginnings the Post has continued in the highest tradition of supporting American Legion Youth Programs and Veterans’ Rehabilitation. Our efforts throughout the years are solidly imprinted in our Webster Community.
We encourage all veterans from all branches of service to join our post.